Lake District Trek
District Lake Trek in North Patagonia, Los Lagos, Chile. It is developed between rainforest, volcanoes and lakes. We will enjoy splendid views and moments with the local community, hot springs and patagonian barbecue.
Length 7 Days
Price USD $ 0
- Trip grade
This expedition will take you through one of the most beautiful parts of the evergreen forests of Chile. We’ll visit the rainforest of Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park, the older park on Chile. We’ll sail on Todos los Santos Lake, cruise rivers like Quita Calzón and Blanco. We’ll watch Tronador, Osorno and Puntiagudo volcanoes. We’ll bathe in the hot springs of Vuriloche. All this, by the way that almost a century ago made the Jesuits to evangelize the settlers who still live in this beautiful and sometimes hostile natural region.
This journey made on foot or on horseback, will intern us in a wide range of environments where the humid forest predominates with species such as the Canelo, Patahua, Pitra, Quila, Ferns and Coigue. We will see the distribution of these species marked by height, humidity and proximity to the water.
All this, we’ll do in the company of a local muleteer, where we’ll know the culture and we’ll taste of his delicious *”asado al palo” (barbecue on a stick).
* The whole animal (without skin) is skewered on a big stick, is grilled over an open pit.
- Mules support for the heavy equipment
- Enjoy a incredibles landscape like volcanoes, lakes and ancient forests
- Have the opportunity to enjoy the hotsprings
- Patagonian barbecue
- Navegation in Todos los Santos Lake
- Program length: 7 days
- Location: Lake Disctrict, Chile
- Season: the whole year
- Difficulty: This is not a technical track, but it is physically challenging
Dates and Prices
Dates and Prices
Private Service: You choose the best convenience date for you and your group. Price depending on number of people booked.
Full Itinerary per day
Day 1: Hotel or airport/ Ralún / Cayetue (IN)
Cayetue / Valle esperanza / Bandurrias
Day 3: Bandurrias / Las Juntas / Hot springs
Day 4: Las Juntas / Piedra del Buitre / Las Juntas
Day 5: Las Juntas / Bandurrias
Day 6: Bandurrias / Blanco River / Petrohué / Puerto Varas
Day 7: Hotel / Airoport / end of service (out)
Our Lake District Trek expeditions include the following services:
- Mountain guide (Spanish/ English)
- Assistant and chef (more than 3 pax)
- Navigation on Todos Los Santos Lake
- 1 hotel night in Puerto Varas
- Private transport (days 1, 6 and 7)
- Mountain tents (1 tent per 2 climbers)
- Dinning tent with tables and chairs (more than 3 pax)
- Camping foam mat
- Full cooking equipment
- All meals within the expedition (Breakfast, box lunch, dinner)
- Professional First Aid Kit
- VHF Radio
- Satellite Radio
- All the team equipment; stoves, GPS, etc.
Our services don’t include
- Personal equipment
- Traveling and rescue insurances. We strongly recommend you to get them.
- Any other service which wasn’t mentioned above. (restaurant meals, beverages , tips, etc.)
- International and national flights and boarding fees.
- Satellite phone (fees by minute usage/ USD 6 p/m)
- USD 100 per climber if you want private tent (Please let us know)
- We recommend travelling with smalls bills
- It’s a rainy area and river crossing can be difficult
High Mountain Expedition is NOT responsible for:
- Personal services (laundry, snacks, beverages, tips, restaurant meals, etc.)
- Personal mountain equipment
- Expenses in case of rescue or early departure from the expedition.
- Delays caused by your flight or any transportation issue which you are responsible for.
- Weather changes which may affect the expedition.
- Restaurant meals
To avoid any injury to our body, we strongly recommend to all the expedition members to have the mountain equipment described below. Each of these implements will support for trekking and days which can be very rainy.
Upper body parts
- Sun hat
- Wool hat
- 2 long sleeve polypropylene shirts (or similar)
- Fleece windstopper (or similar)
- Waterproof jacket (Gore Tex, Triple Point, or similar)
- Down feather parka with hood
- Polypropylene gloves
- Waterproof gloves
Down body parts
- Polypropylene long underwear (or similar)
- Trekking pants
- Windproof pants (Gore Tex, Triple Point, or similar)
- 2 pairs thin socks (Liners)
- 2 pairs of thermal socks
- Leg warmers
- Trekking boots
- Trekking stick (telescopic)
- Sleeping bag (synthetic -5ºC)
- Inflatable mattress or foam
- Expedition backpack or duffel (80 liters aprox.)
- Daypack (40 liters aprox.)
- Headlamp (and extra batteries)
- Bottle of water (1 liter)
- Thermo flask (1 liter)
- Sunscreen (SPF 30)
- Lips sunscreen (SPF 30) (Blistex)
- Whistle, emergency mirror, and pocket knife
- Digital camera, a book, mp3, Binoculars. [optional]
- Personal repair kit.